Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

MS3 Camaro Leaning Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS3 Camaro Leaning Out

Hey everyone,
I've owned my 01' Camaro Z28 for almost a year now. I bought it with the MS3 Cam already installed along with the valve train, exhaust etc.. Since the beginning i knew something wasn't running right because It was staying even with my brother's Mach1's while racing and getting a high 13.9 second quartermile. I took it to a dynotuner in vegas thinking it just needed a tune. WRONG! As soon as the engine would pass 2KRPM, the fuel pressure would tank from 55psi to around 20psi. I threw a racetronix 255lph pump in it to fix the problem, but during the disappointing test drive it did the exact same thing with the new fuel pump I'm pretty sure it's the regulator, but it is an in-tank setup. Can i replace it without replacing the whole fuel module? Also just a side note, i threw a fuel pressure gauge on it last night. Recently after first starting my car, the lights surge and the battery gauge jumps around until a few minutes into the drive. i noticed that everytime the lights would surge, the fuel pressure gauge would surge! I just took my car to california and it pretty much vapor locked on me. it would throw raw fuel in the exhaust and explode out the back when i would push the throttle. Not sure what to even think about that, but i doubt it was technically a vaporlock... it also does that when i drive it rough around town.

Any help would be appreciated. I want to get out in the garage and fix something, but I don't know where to start... I've had the fuel pump out about three times including on the side of the road in Nevada. I hear this Modification set up should put this car in the early 12's.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

You can replace just the regulator, but I had the same exact issue and just replaced the whole fuel bucket assembly...didn't want to take any chances lol

Quick Reply: MS3 Camaro Leaning Out