Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

42# green giant injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 42# green giant injectors

I recently upgraded my injectors from the stock injectors to Bosch 42# green giant injectors and had the car retuned. I drove the car for about a day and a half and the car developed a miss on cylinder #6. The injector on that cylinder went bad so I contacted the person I bought the injectors from and he sent me a new one. I replaced the bad injector and drove the car yesterday. It ran on all 8 cylinders for the day and started missing again. I felt the header tubes and #6 was cold. I switched injectors and the miss followed that injector. Why would I be having problems with the injectors going bad on #6. The tuner is blaming the injectors but I can't understand why its the same cylinder?
Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you put your other injectors (stock or NOT those 42#) and re-tune, and does it have a miss?

Are you absolutely certain the connections are solid and plugged in all the way
Old 10-06-2013, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
can you put your other injectors (stock or NOT those 42#) and re-tune, and does it have a miss?

Are you absolutely certain the connections are solid and plugged in all the way
Yeah they were plugged in all the way. Both times the car ran decent for about a day then developed a miss on #6. The injectors are definitely bad. I just have a hard time believing the injectors just went bad!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try checking the wiring to the injector. If the same one keeps going bad, there may be a ground somewhere within the wiring for that injector. Might be getting an over-voltage on it, which keeps burning them up.

Quick Reply: 42# green giant injectors