Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Loosing fuel pressure at WOT w/ racetronics 255!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loosing fuel pressure at WOT w/ racetronics 255!!!

A little back ground first. My car has been down for months building this new engine and finally got it done. So we started tuning the car for the new engine and it wasn't getting enough fuel. I had a Walbo 255 in at the time, but it had been in the car for over 2 years so i figured it was just old and needed replacing. So I installed a new Racetronics 255 with the hotwire kit and the car is still not getting the fuel. We put a mechanical gauge on it and hung it out the cowl and made a run at it and at wot, the pressure went from 60lbs to 40lbs at the hit of the throttle. I pulled the fuel pump back out and noticed that there's a venturi that was supposed to be installed so I put it on installed the assembly back in the tank, put 1/2 tank of fuel in and it seemed to have fixed the problem until the car got down to 1/4 of a tank and it started again. I refuse to believe I have to have a 1/2 of fuel for my car to run right. Any suggestions!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Been down this road. If your car makes over 550 rwhp or around that, you need more pump. If not, your line is either kinked or fuel filter stopped up. Stock line is good for around 700 hp.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

255 pump is only good for 8 x 51LB injectors (at some pressure. check fuel pump curves) AND check your duty cycle.

Likely need more pump, but as we don't have details of your setup, we can't tell you what is the next step. In your signature...408 cubic inches...I'm going to say you are ~540+RWHP.... need more pump.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

At some point, I discovered pretty much the same thing. The Racetronix 255 would not feed 30# injectors at WOT. Since in theory it should, I bought a new one and now everything is fine with 42# injectors. I guess anyone can have a lemon.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SSClone
A little back ground first. My car has been down for months building this new engine and finally got it done. So we started tuning the car for the new engine and it wasn't getting enough fuel. I had a Walbo 255 in at the time, but it had been in the car for over 2 years so i figured it was just old and needed replacing. So I installed a new Racetronics 255 with the hotwire kit and the car is still not getting the fuel. We put a mechanical gauge on it and hung it out the cowl and made a run at it and at wot, the pressure went from 60lbs to 40lbs at the hit of the throttle. I pulled the fuel pump back out and noticed that there's a venturi that was supposed to be installed so I put it on installed the assembly back in the tank, put 1/2 tank of fuel in and it seemed to have fixed the problem until the car got down to 1/4 of a tank and it started again. I refuse to believe I have to have a 1/2 of fuel for my car to run right. Any suggestions!
Typically FPA-001(a) is good to at least 550RWHP NA with FPWH-001 or FPWK-017W. Sounds like you have a problem with your old module. We suggest you join our support forum to help diagnose your problem properly.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-31-2013, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Typically FPA-001(a) is good to at least 550RWHP NA with FPWH-001 or FPWK-017W. Sounds like you have a problem with your old module. We suggest you join our support forum to help diagnose your problem properly.
will your 255LPH pump supply enough fuel to run size 57 LS2 type injectors with my Fast Fuel rails at the stock 58 PSI of fuel pressure? i have a 11.2:1 compression 402 CI LS2 stroker motor that i just put into my '01 Camaro SS and it should make about 600 crank hp on the 100 octane race gas that i will be runnning in it full time. this will only deliver ~ 500 rwhp to the tires as a result of my overbuilt Turbo 400 trans with 4000 stall converter and spooled Strange 12 bolt rear with 4:10 gears. i can add a boost-a-pump to your fuel pump harness that came with the kit if necessary. i already have the fuel pump and just need to put it in if it is enough....

Last edited by FAST FREDDY; 10-31-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nwalton29
Been down this road. If your car makes over 550 rwhp or around that, you need more pump. If not, your line is either kinked or fuel filter stopped up. Stock line is good for around 700 hp.
it that 700 hp at the rear wheels or at the crank?
Old 11-04-2013, 08:00 AM
11 Second Club

does anybody know what Racetronix Phone # is? i i looked on their website under contact info, etc and no phone # is given....
Old 11-04-2013, 10:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FAST FREDDY
does anybody know what Racetronix Phone # is? i i looked on their website under contact info, etc and no phone # is given....
As a manufacturer / distributor we do not offer retail phone sales / support.
All sales inquiries are handled via e-mail or through one of our many dealers.
Support is offered 24/7 via our forum.

Thank you.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Quick Reply: Loosing fuel pressure at WOT w/ racetronics 255!!!