Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

ITB Filter Gauze Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ITB Filter Gauze Help

Wasn't sure where to post this.

I am running an independent throttle body system on my LSx. The car although street driven will also see a little track work. I really like the look of the itb with air horns only, and given the low miles etc, am thinking of running them without a filter set up.

I really don't like the idea of them being totally open though, as if anything were to fall into or be sucked into them its basically straight into the combustion chamber from there. Had an XU1 many years ago that a air cleaner bolts came loose on the triples and got sucked into the engine with somewhat catastrophic results.

So I was thinking of getting some gauze/mesh laser cut, that would sit sandwiched between the air horn and throttle body.

Has anyone got an ideas what gauze I could/should use and where i could get it?

This is basically what I have planned.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you entertained the thought of using a screen? You could cut out squares, and seal the edges with a rubberized (thinking plastidip) something or other. That way you would get the piece of mind, and not have to worry about the media being washable, etc.

Might not be quite the top-notch solution you were looking for, but just throwing it out there.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like a good idea, actually its what I meant but I perhaps could have spelled it out a bit better. All I want is something to stop large stuff being ingested.

Any suggestions on what screen material i could use and where to get it?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well if you were domestic, I'd say I could just ship you some stuff that I have at work, but IDK how much it would cost to send it there.

Surely there is a company down there that would hook you up. I'd probably go with something bigger than screen door screen, but that might work.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Have made the same post on a forum down here. A guy knows someone who apparently runs a company that makes them, just going to call him a little later. Thanks for your help though. And yes you guys in the US have a lot more choice than us for a lot of this stuff!!

Quick Reply: ITB Filter Gauze Help