Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Thoughts on EV14 from Coyote on LQ4 build. (spray pattern)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thoughts on EV14 from Coyote on LQ4 build. (spray pattern)

Hey everyone.

Ive been doing some research the last few days, and Im really still at a crossroads with this.

A little back ground is that I recently built an LQ4. Using worked 5.3L heads, PatG spec cam, FAST 90 intake, and a few other odds and ends. One of the things I havent upgraded are my injectors. They are big body Ford red tops...I think 30 lb injectors.

A while back, when these injectors were on my LS1 build, I had an issue with a few of them being clogged. And I think from sitting the problem is back. So I would like to replace them.

I happned to get a set of Coyote (2010 5.0) injectors with 1000 miles on them, for FREE. They came on a Ford Racing aluminator replacement motor, then the guy put twins on it and upgraded injectors. So he said, here..if you can use em, use em. I even got the connectors and pins to wire them up, tho I would probably use USCAR to EV1 converter connectors.

These are 4 hole nozzle injectors and are 36lb at 3bar. So a little bigger than I was going to get, but should still be ok Ide think.

The question I have is, these appear to have a split spray pattern, to suite the DOHC Ford motor. Ive gotten some feedback questioning whether the spray pattern would just wash down my runner walls and atomization would be nil. But I wanted to see if anyone over here had any feedback on this.

If I can use these, great. I have lots of tuning info for scaling. I think the length is right...or at least usable. If I cant use them, I can sell them and buy something from FIC.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

J.

Last edited by ghettocruiser; 11-13-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One bump, even though it hasnt moved down very far. No one has any experience with these injectors?

Im starting to think I might just try to sell them. Low mile injectors plus the plugs/terminals to wire them up should get me a reasonable chunk of change Ide think. And I might get a set of FIC blue demon III's. They're in my price range and seem nice. Gotta call/email them and get some feedback.

J.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on EV14 from Coyote on LQ4 build. (spray pattern)