Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Routing Fuel system for nitrous help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Routing Fuel system for nitrous help?

just plumbing my fuel system in my s10 .. if someone could show me a diagram and/or suggestions on fuel regulator... NA setup with Nitrous outlet stinger plate under a 4150 accufab throttle body ...

i am confused on whether to T the line before going into the rail to feed nitrous or to feed nitrous off regulator after the rails .. im open to suggestions on which is proper way to do this..

thank you
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running mine from a "T" before the "Y" that feeds the rails. The FPR is after the rails.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Teching In

everyone has been telling me to do it after rails but nitrous outlet told me I can run the fpr before the rails
Old 04-01-2014, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can run the FPR before the rails, but IMO that defeats the purpose of having an aftermarket FPR. When you put the FPR after the rails you can be damn sure you will not see a drop in fuel pressure unless you run out of fuel pump. By placing it before the rails, you do run the risk of fuel pressure dropping....Who wants to do that ever, especially under boost or spray....
Old 04-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Unlike a standard or “dead-head” carb regulator, which controls pressure between itself and the carburetor inlet, a bypass regulator creates and controls pressure between itself and the pump. Therefore, the correct EFI regulator location is after the fuel rail(s) whenever possible, promoting the required fuel pressure, flow volume and velocity through the fuel rail and to the injector inlet, at all times.

Quick Reply: Routing Fuel system for nitrous help?