Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

My goto plugs are not as accessible... Is there something better now

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy My goto plugs are not as accessible... Is there something better now

I've been out of commission for a while now, and to get my car back on the road I installed some autolite 103's to replace my NGk's I used to always run because I could not get them that day... However, with the Autolites I am experiencing major popping in 1st gear where I did not with the NGK'. I'm not sure what the "TR" number (I think they were 7's but could be 6's, but the plug number is BP7EFS and NGK says the stock number is 3526.

I used to run these because they were inexpensive and I could get them anywhere. My question now though, is there something that has proven to be better than these in the past 6-7 years? Like I said I have been out of the game for a while, and have not been keeping up with the latest and greatest as I used to, so any help would be appreciated.

My setup includes:
ForceFed High Performance 408 iron block (8:1)
ET Performance 225 heads
Futral custom cam
F1 procharger (12-15lbs)
LS6 intake
Kooks 1 7/8"-2" headers with 3.5" collector

I am currently running 93 octane, and it is kind of rich at idle, so something that doesn't foul easy would be ideal.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
Old 05-28-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure how this ended up here, but if someone could move it to the forced induction forum I would appreciate it.

Quick Reply: My goto plugs are not as accessible... Is there something better now