Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Loosing Fuel Pressure After Sitting

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loosing Fuel Pressure After Sitting

Okay so I've been having a very annoying issue over the past month. My car doesn't want to start unless you prime the pump 3 times. (KEY ON and KEY OFF 3 times), so I thought great i need a new fuel pump. Well I pulled the whole fuel pump assembly to see what was going on. With all the fuel lines hooked up, and the connections connected I saw that fuel was spewing out of line running from the actual pump to the top of bucket. I replaced that with a submersible fuel hose. Fixed that issue. Car STILL had trouble starting. So I once again pulled the assembly and now fuel is spewing out near the regulator I can not pin point exactly if its from the regulator/housing, or the rubber or metal tube running up to it. I did replace the regulator with this before I fixed the hose. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GLOBAL-AUTOMOTIVE-FUEL-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-FPR-GM-VEHICLES-PR217-/360982572827?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item540c3cef1b&vxp=mtr I am just wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem and know if there is a common place where they leak? I am trying to avoid buying a whole new fuel pump assembly 331 for a Delphi unit from napa WITH my discount. If it comes down to having to buy a whole new assembly I'm worried the pump wont hold up to my demands. My car is cammed and has ported heads with bolt ons. Around 420 or so RWHP.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:42 AM
TECH Addict

I had the same issues, once you hurt these pumps usually they dont fix them selves
Old 08-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

What ended up being the issue for you? I am at the point of just buying the whole assembly. It's getting so annoying.

Quick Reply: Loosing Fuel Pressure After Sitting