Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Another 5.3 wont start issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another 5.3 wont start issue

Hey guys long time lurker first time posting! Let me start with saying this place is the shiiiii I couldn't have gotten my project this far with out all the info here! Anyway I've got a 94 silverado that I dropped a five three 4l80e combo I can't seem to fire up on its own. The walbro pump is working I've got 49 psi at the rail 45 psi running and getting spark for sure since the only way it'll fire up is with a gas dripping rag over the filter. I know that my fuel pressure sounds low but its a flex fuel engine which only required 48 to 54 operating pressure.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default start issue

Sounds like your injectors are not firing. Have you checked them to make sure they are pulsing?

Noid light will tell you for sure. You can get them at the local parts store pretty cheap.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:52 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Currently having the same issue. Iv went from VATS, to checking all grounds. No codes either. My injectors aren't pulsing at all so that's the first step to look at. I was told that the crank sensor handles spark and the fuel pump so sounds lIke that's good. Cam sensor controls fuel timing? So double check that. Basically that's my next step as well. If you figure it out in the mean time please post back. Hopefully we have the same problem and can figure it out!

Quick Reply: Another 5.3 wont start issue