Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pressure issue - no start

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Default Fuel pressure issue - no start

Car sat for a few years but started right up, ran kinda rough but was to be expected with old gas. Drained out the tank which looked like sweet tea, got some fresh 93 with no eth drove around the neighborhood purred like a kitten. Let it set for 2 weeks now i cant build enough fuel pressure cycling the pump i cant get over 20 psi and definatly wont hold that once the pump stops.

specifics
steel braided line, aftermarket fuel rails, 60lb injectors, areomotive pressure reg, walboro 255 pump, and a fuelab filter. All of this has been on the car for 6-7 years but all new equipment and hasnt seen a lot of drive time

I got a replacement filter but havnt installed yet, the reg is on the return side and tried adjusting it but still cant build pressure. I disconnected the inlet of the filter to see what kind of flow im getting, and it flows the same it did when I drained the tank which i drove it after draining the tank. Usually took 3 times of switching the ignition off and on to prime the system after its sat for a while.

Im a bit confused here, and i dont think changing the filter is gonna change my issue. I would also note that while trying to crank it over it would hit every once in a while but wouldnt ever start. Makes me think i dont have an injector stuck open, but either a clog before the reg, or the pump is internally bypassing.

Thoughts?
Old 12-13-2014, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
Car sat for a few years but started right up, ran kinda rough but was to be expected with old gas. Drained out the tank which looked like sweet tea, got some fresh 93 with no eth drove around the neighborhood purred like a kitten. Let it set for 2 weeks now i cant build enough fuel pressure cycling the pump i cant get over 20 psi and definatly wont hold that once the pump stops.

specifics
steel braided line, aftermarket fuel rails, 60lb injectors, areomotive pressure reg, walboro 255 pump, and a fuelab filter. All of this has been on the car for 6-7 years but all new equipment and hasnt seen a lot of drive time

I got a replacement filter but havnt installed yet, the reg is on the return side and tried adjusting it but still cant build pressure. I disconnected the inlet of the filter to see what kind of flow im getting, and it flows the same it did when I drained the tank which i drove it after draining the tank. Usually took 3 times of switching the ignition off and on to prime the system after its sat for a while.

Im a bit confused here, and i dont think changing the filter is gonna change my issue. I would also note that while trying to crank it over it would hit every once in a while but wouldnt ever start. Makes me think i dont have an injector stuck open, but either a clog before the reg, or the pump is internally bypassing.

Thoughts?
Check out this thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...ower-loss.html
Old 12-13-2014, 01:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope this helps.....
Old 12-13-2014, 11:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Sounds like I have a similar issue, I have a stumble when I pop the throttle and I always attributed it to an unfinished tune and the 60lb injectors. But never watched the fuel pressure during this so that may likely be my issue. Good news for me Is when I did my motor swap I cut an access panel in the trunk deck so I don't have to drop the tank

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure issue - no start