Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

How Do I Store a Used Dual Racetronix Pump Setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Default How Do I Store a Used Dual Racetronix Pump Setup

I have a dual in tank Racetronix fuel pump set up on my '02 Camaro. At a dyno day last Fall, I found I was just barely going beyond the limit of my first pump without spray. While I could believe it's the LS2 fuel rail that's limiting me or maybe lack of a check valve between the pumps, I found that manually switching on my second pump kept me from going lean during WOT. Therefore, I've gathered parts to upgrade my fuel rails and trade my dual racetronix for dual AEM 320s.

While the Racetronix may not be enough for me, it's plenty for most people including a friend. Since I've been unable to sell it on CL, I want to remove the pumps and store them until he's ready for his build. That could be a year away, maybe more. What's a good way to store these pumps? I've read WD40, how would I apply it and then store the pumps?

Also, if someone wanted a dual set-up, I'd be willing to sell
Old 02-27-2015, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a 5 gal. bucket with lid, put a gallon or two of diesel fuel and drop the pumps in. The diesel will keep the internals from drying out and is non explosive like gas. I have a spare 750 carb soaking in one now. When you get ready for them just wash with gas.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diesel fuel will go bad and gel up in cold weather. Id just turn them upside down and spray some wd-40 in the inlets with the screen removed then touch some alligator clips with 12v on them to the pump harness for a sec to allow the pump gears to draw it in them. That should be plenty enough lubricant to store them for a while until needed. This will also force out the gas thats probably still in the pumps internals.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

I appreciate the input, guys. If you had to guess, how long do you think the diesel storage would be fine? And if I did the wd40 method, would I just store them after treatment in a plastic bag?
Old 03-02-2015, 05:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with diesel is the moisture it attracts. WD-40 with a plastic bag over them should be fine.

Quick Reply: How Do I Store a Used Dual Racetronix Pump Setup