Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Running lean question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Running lean question

I will be getting my car back tommorow, however i will be trailering it home. The guy who put it together said its running extremely lean 17.1 at idle. I knew this would happen but under his advice im towing it home. The problem this creates for me is just installed the ls7 clutch kit and i may not be able to break it in before dynoing on the 17th. I've been searching on afr trying to understand and have read a lean idle isnt bad but you dont want to be lean at wot. I think the idle leaness scared him into not driving it to get afr at wot or cruising it also threw a map sensor code( which from my understanding is norm but no other codes) I live 6 miles round trip from work even if it does run lean should i try to get a 50- 100 miles on the clutch??
Old 06-30-2015, 07:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

What exactly did he "put together"?? [The items in the signature block?]
Are you still on the stock tune? If so, it's no wonder he's "seeing" a lean condition". How does he know it's lean? Does he have a tuning tool, such as EFILIVE?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure honestly, he's a gm service technician but on the side he does work and he did everything in the signature for me . Yes from what i read i knew it was going to be lean i just thought i was going to be able to drive it some before dyno day.

Quick Reply: Running lean question