Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

* Solved* P0200 Code !

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default * Solved* P0200 Code !

This is going to save you a lot of time, so read carefully,

The P0200 code is related to (electrical) either an injector or injector harness. On my corvette, I checked the wiring harness made sure no cracks, cuts, etc etc no shortage. The motors move back and forth under hard acceleration and can cut wires in the rear behind intake manifold. Also heat from headers can damage those lil wires on injector harness. Well my wires were ok. I also checked the ends of injector harness connections and make sure there was pulses going thru. Everything worked out ok.

Also I was gettin a popping that was driving me crazy related to it, during idle and deacceleration. Long story short. To check injectors make sure they are opening and closing correctly and not clogged.

Take the red and black wires from an ohm meter and place the ends on a 9volt battery + and - and the probes on the connecting metal part of the injector.

Check all injectors by listening to then open and close properly they all should be making the same sound, (clicking) if you hear 1 injector that makes a diffrent clicking sound then the others, that is the faulty injector setting off the P0200 code because it is not properly opening and closing and the pcm is reading its pulses.

Using a 9 volt bettery is safer on the injector than a 12volt battery. A 12 volt battery has a tendency to burn out the wires inside the injector causeing the resistence to read false.

Because injectors ohm resistance all the same even if they are faulty. But the sound of clicking can tell if properly opening or closing.

This is the only test that works.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by corvet786c; 06-30-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Bad info.. The injs operate on 12V, and do it as long as the engine is running.
The fact that you hear them clik, only means they are working..But not necessarily flowing the correct amt of fuel.
To determine that the injs are working and delivering the correct fuel amt, requires they be flow tested.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Bad info.. The injs operate on 12V, and do it as long as the engine is running.
The fact that you hear them clik, only means they are working..But not necessarily flowing the correct amt of fuel.
To determine that the injs are working and delivering the correct fuel amt, requires they be flow tested.
This is correct information. For someone wanting to find out about flow information on a specfic injector than I recommend for them to be tested of course. But this post is about diagnosing the p0200 code. Please read info carefully. I am refering in regards to recieving the code, you can test for proper opening and proper closing, sometimes they get stuck. And the clicking are not the same. Some are high pitched and others are low, which if not the same signifys the faulty one. This is strickly for troubleshooting,but for overall operation, yes they can be flow tested.

I used this procedure on my own car and helped my find the faulty injector, instead of buy 8 new injectors.

Last edited by corvet786c; 07-03-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: * Solved* P0200 Code !