Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Over-axle dual exhaust, fuel tank options

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Over-axle dual exhaust, fuel tank options

So I have the Kooks 3" true dual exhaust and currently I have nearly no clearance between the exhaust and my fuel tank. I actually have a few melted spots on the tank that may have been there before I even owned the car. Anyway, I plan on replacing the tank in the spring during my rear end swap for peace of mind. I'll probably remove all heat shields and use an adhesive heat reflective barrier on the tank. I'd like to actually find a tank that would give me more clearance, are there any other options out there besides stock?

Thanks for your help on this.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This should do the trick. Enjoy that sick.."out of my way" ripping sound of the true dual Kooks 3"

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.c...&productid=371
Old 08-15-2015, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any pictures? When I installed my duals I picked up some heat tape from Summit racing because kooks didn't provide enough. There is a member on here who also melted there tank from the kooks duals.

Here is what I did to my tank.
Name:  06987E1B-6CD7-4767-AF9C-9516EDC4F66F_zpsag5jt0za.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  173.3 KB

Last edited by SmokedOutZ28; 08-15-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hrlyhnx
This should do the trick. Enjoy that sick.."out of my way" ripping sound of the true dual Kooks 3"

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.c...&productid=371
Actually already have that exact part on my car. Since I'm lowered on Strano springs I basically lost any clearance gains I would have obtained through the relocation. I do love the Kooks, I would gladly change anything else on my car if it meant keeping my duals.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
Do you have any pictures? When I installed my duals I picked up some heat tape from Summit racing because kooks didn't provide enough. There is a member on here who also melted there tank from the kooks duals.

Here is what I did to my tank.
I might have a few pictures I took before I taped over the tank when I found the melted spots, I'll see if I can find them. I think I actually posted in the thread you are referring to where the other member melted their tank. The tape works so far but getting a smaller tank that was away from where the pipes come over the axle would be preferred.

Quick Reply: Over-axle dual exhaust, fuel tank options