Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

truck intake and injectors with aftermarket ls1 rails

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck intake and injectors with aftermarket ls1 rails

I'm doing a 5.3 swap on a 57 Chevy pu. Modified the harness. Used the Corvette style fuel system with the pump and regulator/filter back by the tank and bought aftermarket ls1 rails and modified the brackets to fit the truck intake. The injectors are denso 25326903 flex fuel. Well today I put fuel in the tank and went to fire it up and all the injectors sprayed from the o ring at the rail. I pulled the rail and noticed the injectors don't fit very tight in the hole and looks like they bottom out on the aluminum inside the rail. Something I overlooked since this is the first swap I've done with the truck intake and injectors. Is there an adapter to use an ls1 fuel rail on the truck injectors? This is the last hurdle before driving. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Swaptheworld; 03-06-2016 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 05-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Did you ever come up with an answer to this? I am doing almost the exact set up as you and am just now where you were at when you posted this. Have a 2004 Tahoe 5.3l vinZ flex fuel engine that I am installing in to a 36' Chevy coupe. Going on this is an Holley high rise 92mm sniper intake(LS3) with an LS3 DBW TB and am ordering this week an X-link TB harness. Holley Intake came with fuel rails and cross over line. I believe these flex fuel injectors are 33# EV6 and I need an EV1 style injector. If I could just identify what top hats I need I think I'm all set.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:05 PM
Teching In

I ended up getting returnless rails from an 05 truck. I'd say to get injectors and rais that match the intake. I read somewhere there is a way to use the 5.3 injectors with the ls style intake but it involved modifying the injector holes on the intake. Lt1swap.com is where I got all my info and it was a life saver. He also did the reflash on the computer and supplied diagrams for modifying the harness. Good luck man! You'll love the swap.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

I run 82lb Bosch injectors from FIC, eBay billet LS1 fuel rails and made my own fuel rail brackets on a 5.3 truck intake. Not one single problem.

Quick Reply: truck intake and injectors with aftermarket ls1 rails