Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

return style fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default return style fuel pressure

Im running a return style fuel system with 2 intank walrbo 450lph pumps. Second on at 5 psi with -8 feed -6 return. Whats the draw back of running lower base fuel pressure say 43 instead of 53. The truck only has a base tune so before I start getting into it I wanted to know what the pros and cons are. I run a 43 base in my syclone with 30 psi. Cant I do the same with an LS engine..
Old 05-04-2016, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by autoaddictions
Im running a return style fuel system with 2 intank walrbo 450lph pumps. Second on at 5 psi with -8 feed -6 return. Whats the draw back of running lower base fuel pressure say 43 instead of 53. The truck only has a base tune so before I start getting into it I wanted to know what the pros and cons are. I run a 43 base in my syclone with 30 psi. Cant I do the same with an LS engine..
Yes, u can run whatever fuel pressure u like. Don't recommend anything lower than 43psi with a GM injector. As long as your PCM is calibrated for the lower flow rate of the injector at 43psi their should be no issue. Only 2 negatives running lower pressure. 1.) injector flows less fuel at lower pressures. 2.) injector spray pattern can be affected with a lower pressure. Other than that it's a good way to lower the pressure so the larger injector acts like a smaller injector if it's slightly too large. Then u can crank it up if u need a little more injector down the road.

I run 72lb Bosch from FIC and I do it at 58psi because he told me the spray pattern is much better at 58psi due to it being a LS style injector.

Quick Reply: return style fuel pressure