Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

mp 4303 vs twin bosch 044

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mp 4303 vs twin bosch 044

Hey guys, looking to get some input on a fuel pump for my build. First here are the specs of the car:

87 notch
6.0 sbe w/ LJMS cam/ head studs/ ls9 gaskets/ holley hi ram
holley 120lb injectors
FI billet S480 V1 w A2A setup
pump gas with meth (still want to be able to run e85 if i choose)
rossler 1.80 glide
9" w/ 3.50 gears
holley dominator EFI

I think i have it narrowed down to two pump setups either dual 044s or a magnafuel pump. I want a setup that will work on the street as well with no heating issues. Also i plan to up the power down the road and want to be able to support 1100ish rwhp.

For the fuel system im thinking -10 from the cell to a y block at the rails and then into the regulator and -8 return. If i do the twin 044s i will run two lines from the cell to the pumps ( probably -8) then to a y block out of the pumps and -10 to the rails.

Ive also considered the holley 12-1800 pump but worry about street driving with it as it is not recommended on their site. I know crusty nova has had good luck with it on his car. I also considered an aeromotive eliminator with their controller but seems like more money for no reason compared to the bosch and magna fuel setup. Finally any input on a fuel pressure regulators would be appreciated. My thought is to run one of the boost reference magnafuel regs.

Quick Reply: mp 4303 vs twin bosch 044