Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Favorite FPR for boost

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Favorite FPR for boost

I am installing a 408 in my 68 Chevelle. I have routed -8 for the feed and -6 for the return. My goal HP level is 700-800. I have heard people say they werent impressed with the Aeromotive brand because it bleeds down. I want to ensure my car doesnt need to crank or wait a few seconds to prime the fuel system. My wifes Toyota bleeds down over night. And it takes some extra cranking to clear the injectors of the air before it fires. Who makes a good FPR? FAST?
Old 11-15-2016, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Bleed down

I just installed the racetronix one as part of my complete install, see the below thread. It's been over a week since I've tested it, it's showing about 20lbs on the gauge still. I was watching it more just to make sure I didn't have any leaks. I kind of viewed these things as generic, like a grade 8 bolt is a grade 8 bolt. Figured they were all pretty much built the same for the quality name brand ones. eBay ones, who knows, could get anything there. The bleed down you speak of could be a foot valve in the pump too, unrelated to the regulator.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:59 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

I personally prefer the stock truck regulator.

With that being said, I have the Aeromotive and its not bad. Worst case, prime the pump, turn key off, and then turn key back on and crank while its priming a 2nd time. Fires right up within 2 cranks.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:47 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a magnafuel regulator before and that worked fine. Went with a fore innovations this time and it is a really nice unit. Holds fuel pressure longer than the magnafuel did and no spikes in fuel pressure when my 2 450s come on to assist the 320 I have running full time. I have been impressed.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used an Aeromotive in my first boosted application and it worked great for 8+ year I never had an issue at all. Getting close to done with my second application (TT GTO) and my vote is for Aeromotive again.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are awesome. I had never heard of Fore Innovations. I read on the Aeromotive website that their regulators can allow bleed down. I just don't want to be in a parking lot of a mechanics shop (my job is an Air Force vehicle mechanic) and I go start my car and crank, crank, crank, crank before vroooommmm. They will for sure all laugh.

Quick Reply: Favorite FPR for boost