Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help running eBay rails

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 04:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help running eBay rails

Hey guys I need advice and help to see if anyone has eBay rails and how hard were they to install and what fuel pressure regulator did you guys use. I currently have a stock ls6 intake and stock rails just want to get some advice on what regulator to use and anything else I need to know about installing these, I was told that our tanks have an internal fuel pressure regulator but I have an aeromotive 340lph pump so I don't know if that changed anything thanks.

Last edited by Juanquezadalt1; 01-30-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Don't buy them just stick with your stick lines. Aftermarket fuel rails are pretty but they also are a leaking pain in the ***.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What are your HP goals, if it is under about 700 HP, I agree with MY 2K Z. If you plan on going over 700, I would suggest going with a fuel setup like I did in my Racetronix review. I did have some leaks originally, as can be seen in my build, but it wasn't difficult to fix. They don't leak now, and a keep a close eye on them. You have to be aware of that possibility. Aftermarket rails don't have a clip on the top of the injector like the stock rails do.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...ct-review.html

Take a look at a few of the fuel system builds on here, and see what you like and what you don't, considering your goals. Mine is a complete system, but is not always needed, some just run a new feed line and use the stock feed for a return, there are limitless ways to do it. Some use the Evap line for a return, however I don't recommend doing that. I do highly recommend a boost referenced FPR if you are going forced induction, I feel it is easier to tune it. Mine is overbuilt for most people, but can support about 1200 whp with the correct injectors. I'm just over the 700 whp mark now. My second pump engages just after passing the 600 whp. I like the Racetronix rails better than the Ebay ones, and they are similar cost or cheaper. They are a 3/4" bore inside, this gives massive fuel flow, and this larger volume of fuel in the rails also helps buffer pressure spikes, like when a second pump kicks on. The stock rail is much smaller and uses a device on the crossover to accomplish this same function.

You can easily use a return style FPR with the stock rail. You run into one side of the regulator with your feed line from the fuel pump, out the other side of the regulator to the stock quick connect on the rail, then from the bottom of the regulator back to the tank.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not trying to put them on for looks I currently have an lq9 with 2 nitrous shots (wet), and I'm starving my engine for fuel so I wanted to upgrade rails and pump I have 36lbs injecotors and aeromotive 340lph pump and tuned with HP tuners
Old 01-30-2017, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would recommend a standalone fuel cell for that like the one Nitrous Outlet sells, that goes by the fuse box. You could buy one or build your own. That way you can put C16 or the like in it to help with your timing when your spraying. It will cost you between $300 and $600 to go that way, depending on what components you go with.

Quick Reply: Help running eBay rails