Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Rail plumbing for better pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Rail plumbing for better pressure?

On my C5 A4 Magnuson LS1 I've had split fuel trims for the past 2 years and cant find a cause

Is the fuel pressure the same across all the injectors and is a modification required?

Here is the picture of the proposed changes, but only if the problem is real or just my imagination.

http://www.auctiondepot.com/2/remote...agfuelrail.jpg

I can see that at WOT there may be a pressure drop from one side to the other, but at closed loop would a pressure difference still exist?

Would appreciate some experience with this subject.

Thank you.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Coal Mining Director

At light throttle a pressure delta does not exist. Not a fuel issue unless you have an injector issue. "Generally" bank to bank differences in ltrims are related to the front o2's. A leak in the exhaust pipe prior to the o2 sensor, bad o2 sensor, running long tube headers, etc. If the delta is small I wouldn't worry about it. 3 to 5 point difference would not worry me (left to right).
Old 01-23-2005, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by onfire
At light throttle a pressure delta does not exist. Not a fuel issue unless you have an injector issue. "Generally" bank to bank differences in ltrims are related to the front o2's. A leak in the exhaust pipe prior to the o2 sensor, bad o2 sensor, running long tube headers, etc. If the delta is small I wouldn't worry about it. 3 to 5 point difference would not worry me (left to right).
I know that there is no leaks and that the O2 sensors are good. Have had 2 sets of Header with the same conditions. The delta is about 5/128 = or about 4%. Sometimes this difference is held into Open Loop.

The Onboard Wide Band AFR holds about where I want everywhere so I guess there is no material problem here. Perhaps I should be logging less and driving more (out of sight, out of mind).

I just wanted to know if the current fuel path had any part to play in this condition. and survey says---No.

Thanks for the responce.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billc5
On my C5 A4 Magnuson LS1 I've had split fuel trims for the past 2 years and cant find a cause

Is the fuel pressure the same across all the injectors and is a modification required?

Here is the picture of the proposed changes, but only if the problem is real or just my imagination.

http://www.auctiondepot.com/2/remote...agfuelrail.jpg

I can see that at WOT there may be a pressure drop from one side to the other, but at closed loop would a pressure difference still exist?

Would appreciate some experience with this subject.

Thank you.
Not to but in on your thread here but what type of fuel rails are those? Did they come with your Magna Chrager, or from someone else?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 618HAWK
Not to but in on your thread here but what type of fuel rails are those? Did they come with your Magna Chrager, or from someone else?
The fuel rails are part of the Magnachargers Kit.