Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

how to remove stock f-body regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove stock f-body regulator?

I am running a 97 vette regulated fuel rail setup along with a f-body in tank fuel pump/sender. I would like to remove the regulator from the in tank pump and just run the one on the fuel rail. For some reason the injectors will not work at all when i am running both regulators(unless I criss-cross the fuel lines at the fuel rail, then it runs fine).

if anyone can explain why it doesnt work the way I have it I would appreciate it

or

how do I remove the in tank regulator???

thank you
Old 07-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Coal Mining Director

If you installed the vette regulated rails, yo have to run a return line back to the tank. Did you do this? If you look at the stock fuel filter you will see a short return line going back into the pump cannister in the tank. At the end of that line is a fixed orifice regulator. You need to remove it and connect the return line to the line at the fuel filter that goes to the tank.,
Old 07-27-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yup i have the return line running back to the tank going into the return inlet on the fuel pump/sender assy. So I have two lines running the length of the car.

Im pretty sure that the return should run from the bottom of the regulator on the rail. However the injectors dont fire when its hooked up this way, only when I switch them around so the return comes off the back of it.

appreciate the help
Old 07-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Coal Mining Director

Looks good! Remove the orifice and you're good to go.