Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pump issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump issues

last week i noticed @ around 4000 rpms my car would act like it was starving for fuel and it would hesitate something awful until you let off the gas and let it get caught up with fuel. that night my fuel pump starting buzzing really loud. so loud you could hear it inside the car. i talked to speed inc and racetronix. they both said that my pump was probably on its last leg. two days later i changed the fuel filter and put some more fuel in it. after about 100 miles it never hesitated after 4000 rpms again. i checked the fuel pressure and at idle it is around 53 psi. at wide open throttle it is at 61 psi. and the fuel pump has gotten quieter, but it still makes a little winding noise, not half as bad as it did before. is it my fuel pump or what? if i don't have to change it i won't right now. i'll just keep the pump till i need it. thanks and sorry for the book i just typed.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:15 PM
FormerVendor

Yes it does sound like your pump it could go at any time. if you want to deal with it before it strands you do it now if you would rather wait til it fails to start then do it then.

Nate
Old 08-01-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

I would go until it doesn't go anymore. I have replaced alot of pumps in my day and there have been alot of loud ones that i have left and not had much of any problems out of them. just ride it out