Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Low fuel pressure, what do i need to check out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low fuel pressure, what do i need to check out?

I just put a new motor in my car and had to weed out awhile lot of little problems of bad sensors, ect. When all said and done i fixed things here and there but one problem still exists. WHen i rev the motor it misses in random places and you can smell a heavy fuel smell. The car isnt driveable right now. I testes fuel pressure and im getting 20psi when I should be getting 60psi i believe it is.

Now at the same time I put my motor in I replaced the stock pump with a Holly 255lph. It went in perfect, only had to splice two wires since it didnt connet with the harness. Now, will low fuel pressure cause this problem to happen? Where you rev the car and it misses and "sometime' shakes and runs rough?

Im replaced the filter tomorro and if that dosent fix the problem my next thing is to drop the fuel tank again and see whats wrong. Anything particular I should look for?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

lean misfire not enough fuel to run the car so you get a cylinder that doesnt have enough fuel to fire
Old 09-14-2005, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

just a thought i havent dug into my fuel pump on my 2000 Z28 but did you by chance cross the lines in the tank or outside of the tank. fuel going through the pressure regulator first . I dont know if you could do that but just a thought
Old 09-15-2005, 02:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 3rdgenguy
just a thought i havent dug into my fuel pump on my 2000 Z28 but did you by chance cross the lines in the tank or outside of the tank. fuel going through the pressure regulator first . I dont know if you could do that but just a thought

I know empty means full and full means empty now. So I think. I dont think that would cause this other problem. But I very well may be wrong.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the Holley an in tank fuel pump? If it is did you cut a hole in the little bucket?

Chad
Old 09-17-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chadtn
Is the Holley an in tank fuel pump? If it is did you cut a hole in the little bucket?

Chad

Its an intank pump, and you dont really have to cut anything to get it to fit in a 98' LS1 becaus the fuel tank canister is ALOT different.

Quick Reply: Low fuel pressure, what do i need to check out?