Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Custom built gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom built gas tank

Am having a custom tank made for my Nomad. Have purchased a 2002 Chevy fuel pump set up, which looks to be just right (might need to shorten the three steel legs a tad).

Have gotten the factory lock ring from the local Chevy dealer, but after spending last Friday at the wrecking yard looking at suitable tanks for the locking ring mount plate, all the modern tanks appear to be plastic. Can one get the metal part off the plastic tank? Is it worth trying to separate the two? Does anybody make a fabricated plate and rubber spacer ring for this?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick
Old 09-23-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patrick_rodgers
Am having a custom tank made for my Nomad. Have purchased a 2002 Chevy fuel pump set up, which looks to be just right (might need to shorten the three steel legs a tad).

Have gotten the factory lock ring from the local Chevy dealer, but after spending last Friday at the wrecking yard looking at suitable tanks for the locking ring mount plate, all the modern tanks appear to be plastic. Can one get the metal part off the plastic tank? Is it worth trying to separate the two? Does anybody make a fabricated plate and rubber spacer ring for this?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick
i had the guy at www.aluminumfuelcell.com make my cell. He was able to mold my 99 f-body fuel cell sender into the aluminum cell.

hope that helps