Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pump out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pump out?

I replaced my stock pump with a Walbro a little more than a year ago after my stock one went out.

I started my car this morning to warm it up, got out to put the garbage out, and it died about 5 seconds after I started it. I went to go start it again, and it just kicked over, no fire.

So I took the key out, put it to accessories and listened for the pump, and it would go for about a half second, then turn off, when it usually goes for a couple seconds. It kept doing this every time I would put it on accessories. And now obviously it wont start.

Sounds pretty obvious to me, but I just wanted to make sure before I buy a new one.

Last edited by u8dusst; 09-23-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

if the pump keeps coming on, there is nothing wrong with it. the PCM is what commands it on or off. something is causing the PCM to cut the fuel to your engine. i am not super familiar with LS1 fuel strategy but typical GM PCMs will cut the fuel of if it isn't receiving an ignition signal or some type of sign of crankshaft rotation. i'd start by checking all PCM, IGN, and INJ fuses, then check resistance of injector coils and check the resistance of the fuel pump coil.