Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Guru's Please help with one of these setup choices for 700RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 09:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Guru's Please help with one of these setup choices for 700RWHP

Alright, here's my dilema. After what must surely be over 20-30 hours of reading through fuel solutions, I STILL cannot find an ideal setup for my application as per my (perhaps unrealistic?) requirements.

Here's my info: 2001 TA M6. I have Pro Turbo Kits setup with a 76gts, FMIC, and progressive alc/meth. I will have an E-boost2 controller. A&A Corvette is working on a bottom end for me that will reach about 8.3:1 compression with my choice of heads. If I can keep the knock away, I'm hoping to be able to squeeze about 14# of boost out of this setup with 60lbers feeding it. My target RWHP is going to be 650-700. If it ends up being closer to 650, it may get a 50 shot of nitrous too.

Here is my dilema, currently, I live in an apartment, so this will done at a speed shop. The shop is hoping I can get something with the Racetronics type harness. I have 2 VERY general setup ideas here, and a "pre-packaged" one:

MightyMouse told me to check out Smokinhawk's dual in-tank setup. Searches on his old build posts all lead to links of 404d pages. So, the dual Walbro option is a possibility with the second pump only running at >3# of boost. Is there a Racetronix DP setup for 99+ Fbods? If not, do I use a regular Racetronix harness and splice in a hot from my eboost/hobbs switch to the factory pump connector and use it on the second pump? If I go with aftermarket rails and FPR with this setup can I squeak by with the stock lines? If not, I'm guessing my current supply will become my return.

A second option is (and according to some flow sheets in excel I found over at a Vette forum) Using a Racetronics in-tank with a Bosch 420 inline and an MSD BAP. I know of a user here that has this setup and power-level and has had goood results. He hasn't replied to a PM and I don't think he's on much anymore.
So questions for this setup are, again, stock lines with aftermarkert rails and FPR OK? Or am I looking at the same line size isues? If you have the in-tank and a booster inline, how does the MSD hook up? Does it power both or one, and if one, which one?

Last setup option is a Speed Inc setup that claims to support 700RW, and uses a single Bosch in-tank 420, here it is straight off their site:
Race Fuel System Kit - 1
700HP Race Fuel System, F-body for use with STOCK tank, requires drilling stock tank and installing a bulkhead fitting, includes:

-Bosch 420L 700+HP pump
-Billet Filter w/stainless element
-Billet Fuel Pressure regulator (boost ready)
-Billet LS1 or LT1 rails
-Autometer 0-100 Fuel pressure gauge
-All necessary braided lines and fittings

Includes everything needed from start-to-finish

-For Aeromotive Comp Eliminator pump, add $100

They make no mention of wiring, and didn't reply at all to my first email. I re emailed them this morning, maybe this one will "get through"...

I read ALOT OF CONFLICTINGinfo/ideas about fuel systems. There seeems like there would be more available info (well solid anyway) for a system covering this power-range. With all of this, I'm trying to somewhat accomodate my installer's request of a Racetronix harness at least. ANY HELP would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks alot.

Steve W.

Last edited by Frost; 10-10-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PTK has built the kit you purchased. I would ask them what they run for the best results.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:25 AM
FormerVendor

I sent emails and a PM pointing at this thread, maybe one of them can jump in...

...of course anyone else is welcome to do the same.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Coal Mining Director

At 650 to 700rwhp through a manual I know what I would try...my system. I'm at 620rwhp through an auto with zero fueling problems with an Incon TT.

Walbro single intank pump.
KenneBell Boost-a-pump.
Adjustable regulator at the filter...easy bolt-in.
Stock lines and fuel rails.

Very simple, quiet and easy to install. Buy the Racetronic kit for a plug n play with the harness as it will allow easy hookup of the KB. Aeromotive for the regulator. Then have it dynotuned with the KB set on max voltage which is 17.5V. I've run a year like this without any problems...10.7 at 128mph with a little room to grow.

If for some stange reason this system will not keep up with your turbo add an inline Walbro to the above set-up.

Good luck.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:53 PM
FormerVendor

GREAT, thank you so much....

I may just go ahead and plan for the inline up front. I've seen the sheets with current draw vs. throughput and the inline config brought power consumption to a tick above idle. Do you need the BAP with 2 inline pumps and if so does it go to one or both pumps?

Thanks alot for your time.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Coal Mining Director

Inline plus intank, not two inline pumps.

To me it probably comes down to an inline vs BAP. I wouldn't start off with both,,,just to keep things simple and less costly. I would either choose my system or delete the BAP and add the inline to my system. Basically, a preference call on your end. If you go the inline route and for some strange reason it doesn't work on the dyno (should be plenty of fuel), then add the BAP to the inline pump not the intank pump as it is a feeder pump in either case.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by onfire
Inline plus intank, not two inline pumps.
..meant that, was just thinking that they were both inline w/one another

The last ? I have concerning this setup; does the Racetronix harness have a provision for this inline pump? If it only has one relay perhaps it would be best to use it's relay to engage discrete units for each pump.... any thoughts there?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Coal Mining Director

Don't know about a provision for an inline with their harness. Might try their website or call Thunder.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

Nope, no provision for a in-line pump with the Racetronix wire harness. Only for the BAP.

Matt

Originally Posted by Frost
..meant that, was just thinking that they were both inline w/one another

The last ? I have concerning this setup; does the Racetronix harness have a provision for this inline pump? If it only has one relay perhaps it would be best to use it's relay to engage discrete units for each pump.... any thoughts there?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:49 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks Matt, I'm getting some of my setup from you guys.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:51 PM
FormerVendor

No prob, if you have any questions let us know.

Matt

Originally Posted by Frost
Thanks Matt, I'm getting some of my setup from you guys.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Nope, no provision for a in-line pump with the Racetronix wire harness. Only for the BAP.

Matt
Actually we do have a piggyback harness for an in-line pump which will plug in BUT we do not recommend plumbing it in-line with the F99 system. The jet pump relies on adequate pressure to function properly. Installing an in-line pump with a FMFPR will drop the jet pump pressure by apx. half which will seriously impede its performance thereby effecting bucket recovery time. Parallel might be OK depending on the application.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-11-2005, 12:21 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Actually we do have a piggyback harness for an in-line pump which will plug in BUT we do not recommend plumbing it in-line with the F99 system. The jet pump relies on adequate pressure to function properly. Installing an in-line pump with a FMFPR will drop the jet pump pressure by apx. half which will seriously impede its performance thereby effecting bucket recovery time. Parallel might be OK depending on the application.

Ughhhh

Where were you a few hours ago before I spent a shitload of $$$...

Although, since I don't know exactly what the F99 is or a FMFPR (hope it isn't front-mount-fuel-pressure-regulator) maybe things aren't so bad...

So to be clear, you're saying I can't run the Racetronics in-tank "kit" along with a walbro in-line if I'm using different rails and a FPR? How far then, will the racetronics in-tank setup alone carry me with the MSD BAP set at 17.5 like the above poster??