Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pressure question

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pressure question

How do I check fuel pressure at idle to wot? My stock 99 injectors are at a 90% duty cycle with headers, ls6 intake, ported tb, and catback w/ory at wot. What type of gauge and where do you hook it up. I'm afraid my fuel pump isn't up to par w/85k miles on the clock. BTW I do have HPTuners. I'm installing a cam in the next month so I need to get this checked asap.
Paul
Old 11-10-2005, 05:30 AM
On The Tree

Default fuel pressure

On your fuel rail (driver side) their is a cap remove and install a fuel pressure gauge you can watch pressure.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:00 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah the schraeder valve is an option but I was wondering if you guys were tapping in somewhere else so you can look at wot. I don't feel comfortable free reving my engine with no load. I was really leaning to an interface with hptuners, is there any way to do this? What's the going price for a gauge that will only be used a couple of times?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most dyno shops should have a fuel pressure rig ready to hook up for a quick run on the dyno. I'm not sure how to interface it with hpt though. You'd need to find a pressure indicator w/ a 0-5v output for the EIO right? I know there is a fuel pressure pid but I don't think it is active for our cars. You might try asking this question on the hptuner forums, or emailing hpt directly.