Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Does this sound like a bad fuel pump??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does this sound like a bad fuel pump??

Well the pumps a stock pump and has about 120k or so. I had an NOS 5177 dry kit on before and never had a problem. I have since switched to a TNT F2 and everytime I try spraying my RPM's drop about 500-1000 even if I am at WOT then it kicks in but flutters & backfires the whole time like its leaning out. I'v tried it on a 100 shot & 150 shot both with the same results. I havent hooked up a fuel pressure gauge but have trouble shooted everthing else. Any and all help would greatly be appreciated. BTW all mods on in my sig.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:23 AM
FormerVendor

You're really pushing it with the stock pump. How big of a shot were you doing on the dry kit? I would suggest hooking up a fuel pressure gauge as your next step to see if you are loosing it when you spray. Does it happen in every gear?

Matt
Old 11-20-2005, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

I wa spraying a 100 dry!! I finally got a fuel gauge on there and when I turn the key foward it picks nothing up. Then when I turn the car on it goes to about 45-55 psi at idle and as soon as I rev. the motor it drops about 10-20 psi. Note this was with no nos just n/a and any little or big rev. of the motor would just cause the fuel pressure to drop. What would you recommend and intake & inline or maybe just a racetronix p&p? Whats the diffrence between them or are they basically the same.
Thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 04:07 PM
FormerVendor

I would recommend the Racetronix kit. I would not recommend running an inline pump. The Racetronix kit would be good to around 600 RWHP on the juice. You can squeeze a bit more out of the single pump kits with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and if that isn't enough then you can add a Boos a Pump to the Racetronix harness.

Matt
Old 11-23-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BADBOYZ28
I wa spraying a 100 dry!! I finally got a fuel gauge on there and when I turn the key foward it picks nothing up. Then when I turn the car on it goes to about 45-55 psi at idle and as soon as I rev. the motor it drops about 10-20 psi. Note this was with no nos just n/a and any little or big rev. of the motor would just cause the fuel pressure to drop. What would you recommend and intake & inline or maybe just a racetronix p&p? Whats the diffrence between them or are they basically the same.
Thanks
Ouch! Id check your sparkplugs you could have melted electrodes, especially on the TNT150 shot, you were running VERY LEAN....
Old 11-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Launching!

could be the pump, need to go bigger