Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

9th injector FI fueling w/ stand alone controller?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 9th injector FI fueling w/ stand alone controller?

Searched & found some answers, but, wanted to discuss more. Basically, want to install a Powerdyne @ 4 to 6 psi max.. Have found a re-built head & mounting bracket only. I will build intake, take care of fuel management,...etc.. Have successfully controlled a fifth injector set-up on a FI 4 cylinder engine, but, the intake was different than on an LS1.

Wait, maybe it should be asked this way:

Currently make 380 RWHP through AFR heads & a mild cam with Walbro 255 & 30# injectors for fueling (12.8-12.9:1 @ WOT). From the basic calculation found on this site, it would appear that fueling the 6 psi blower will require 50# injectors if the calculation is based on bhp & 43# if rwhp. I have a boost-a-pump that can be used. Can the blower be successfully fueled using the boost-a-pump through the existing injectors? If not, had thought of the 9th injector with its' own stand alone controller. Can turn it on @ a pre-set RPM, vacuum, or boost. Injector would be mounted in the intake manifold just after the TB. Figure this would also cool the air entering the combustion chamber. If the 9th injector is used, any idea as to what size it should be?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 534 Likes on 378 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Whipple uses a similar idea with a piggyback unit controlling 2 supplement injectors in front of the intake. IMO, any extra electronics are just extra parts to break. Also, the intake manifolds are designed for dry flow, with no regard to keeping fuel from puddling. I would just get the larger injectors and let the manifold flow dry air as designed.

Quick Reply: 9th injector FI fueling w/ stand alone controller?