Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Advice: When is it time to step up to a bigger fuel pump & injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 02:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Advice: When is it time to step up to a bigger fuel pump & injectors?

Hey all:

I just wanted a little advice. As per my sig: I have a 02 Camaro with a A4 with 18,000 miles. I have all the bolt ons, LT headers with full exhaust, heads and cam 224/224 580 with 114las, 3,200 stall and 342 gears. I am in the low 400 HP and torq range on motror. I also have a small 75 shot. I am looking to up it to a 100 shot now.

A friend of mine used his HP tunners and right now my injectors are at 92% duty. Is it time to step up to a bigger fuel pump and even injectors.

I would apperciate all advice.

Thanks again for all the help everyone has givin me so far.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would...

Hey I met you last Sat. Night, I had the black TA. Your car sounded really good, and I'll see you on the 18th, but I'm going with some 32lb injectors with my cam install. I have had good luck with the Racetronix setup (fuel pump wise)

I would first check with a gauge your fuel pressure, see if its running up to par. Also with that cam, check your dyno to see if the power is dropping off due to your injectors being that high of a duty cycle. I think you should get a bump up in injectors, but dont go crazy over 32lb's or so. Also is your nitrous a wet or dry shot, if its wet, then definately get a new fuel pump, if its dry, then I would get those injectors above.

See you on the 18th

Flash-
Old 02-08-2006, 07:42 AM
FormerVendor

My suggestion would be to go with a upgraded pump, take a look at the Racetronix kits. I would also suggest the fuel injectors now too, if you nitrous kit is a wet kit you would be fine with a set of 32 lbers. If your running a dry shot my suggestion would be for a set of 42 lbers.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=330

Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flash99
Hey I met you last Sat. Night, I had the black TA. Your car sounded really good, and I'll see you on the 18th, but I'm going with some 32lb injectors with my cam install. I have had good luck with the Racetronix setup (fuel pump wise)

I would first check with a gauge your fuel pressure, see if its running up to par. Also with that cam, check your dyno to see if the power is dropping off due to your injectors being that high of a duty cycle. I think you should get a bump up in injectors, but dont go crazy over 32lb's or so. Also is your nitrous a wet or dry shot, if its wet, then definately get a new fuel pump, if its dry, then I would get those injectors above.

See you on the 18th

Flash-
Is this Alex or Bobby? Which Injectors did you go with and where did you purchase them at? Thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
My suggestion would be to go with a upgraded pump, take a look at the Racetronix kits. I would also suggest the fuel injectors now too, if you nitrous kit is a wet kit you would be fine with a set of 32 lbers. If your running a dry shot my suggestion would be for a set of 42 lbers.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=330

Thanks,
Matt
this is the advice you should listen too