Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Dam Fuel line (HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dam Fuel line (HELP)

Hello yall. I am just really fustrated. I managed to remove the fuel line before with the plastic tool when i did my h/c swap.

I am now in the middle of changing my manifold and for some reason i cant get the fuel line off this time WTF. The last time i got the line off i used a 5/16 tool. I know i am soppose to use the 3/8.

Right now i tried both sizes and no matter what i do can get the dam line offf. I press the tool in and press the line towards each other and the tool wont pop in. I even tried spining and pushing. What am i doing wrong i removed this no problem in 10 minutes before doing the same things and its been a whole hour trying to take this line off this time with no succsess. I need help our i am doing somthing wrong. The skin on my finger tips is abot to rip off LOL. Some advice would be great.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1FIRE
Hello yall. I am just really fustrated. I managed to remove the fuel line before with the plastic tool when i did my h/c swap.

I am now in the middle of changing my manifold and for some reason i cant get the fuel line off this time WTF. The last time i got the line off i used a 5/16 tool. I know i am soppose to use the 3/8.

Right now i tried both sizes and no matter what i do can get the dam line offf. I press the tool in and press the line towards each other and the tool wont pop in. I even tried spining and pushing. What am i doing wrong i removed this no problem in 10 minutes before doing the same things and its been a whole hour trying to take this line off this time with no succsess. I need help our i am doing somthing wrong. The skin on my finger tips is abot to rip off LOL. Some advice would be great.
Walk away, drink beer, try again later.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:52 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShevrolayZ28
Walk away, drink beer, try again later.
Thats the best advice you can get.

You have to convince yourself that someone didn't sneak into your garage and weld it together, because i know that's what you're thinking right now.

Mine has been a bastard to me a couple times, but you just have to stick with it, she'll come off.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks yall. I took a break munched on some food and went back and got the technique down.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damm chris I know you got that thing off already.what you puttin?ls6 or the fast intake.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 35th SS
damm chris I know you got that thing off already.what you puttin?ls6 or the fast intake.
I was planning on the FAST but not sure if i can get everthing in time before the track closes and might be forced to run the ls6 for a little while.
Take care man