Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

retrofitting lt1 into carb'd gbody- fuel situation

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retrofitting lt1 into carb'd gbody- fuel situation

hey everybody. im dropping an lt1 (fi) into my 86 monte (carbd) and i want to keep the fi. i know this has been done many times, but i cant seem to find specifics on what is done to feed the fuel from the tank. i have heard i need to swap to a fi gbody gas tank, but they are difficult to come by and expensive brand new. what can i do to keep my current tank and will it work as well as a fi gbody's gas tank? would i be running an inline fuel pump outside of the gas tank? recommendations on fuel pumps? fuel injection is totally new to me so please explain like you are talking to a dumbass (in this case you really are ). thanks everybody
Old 01-24-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Get a fuel sender for an 86 monte with 4.3 tbi. The stock tank will work as long as you keep it above 1/4 tank. Any lower and you might have problems with fuel pickup when you go around a corner. I am running a Walbro 255 pump in my tank with that setup. By the way, this really needs to be in the conversion section. You will probably get more answers there.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

thanks man. i never noticed the conversion section. i will post it there. i appreciate it
Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Hey nice to see some LT1 Montes I bulkhead fitting the bottom of the tank for a pickup and returned in the top. Im ganna change that and tap another AN8 in the bottom for a return.

Quick Reply: retrofitting lt1 into carb'd gbody- fuel situation