Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

runng problem, fuel related?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default runng problem, fuel related?

my car has been sitting in the garage for almost a year now b/c of a broken trans. we would start it up every other week to make sure it ran ok and everything. well today i got a new trans in an drove it for the first time. i had the oil changed and other fluids looked at and what not. i had 3/4 a tank when the old trans went out. i topped it off and put some fuel cleaner in the tank. well when i was driving today it was popping really loud than my car would die. then i would crank it back up and everything would be normal, oil temp/pressure. is the old gas in the tank causing this? do i just need to drive it more?
Old 01-27-2007, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is possible that since you kept starting it for the past year and not driving it that the plugs may be fouled. I would try to drive it some but if it gets too bad or does not get any better I would just replace the plugs, only 20 bucks.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it seems like it is getting better after the cleaner and just driving it. i've but about 80miles on it since the new trans went in. it did the popping/die thing again today while i was driving