Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

newby question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default newby question

ok so i ordered slp heads, cam, headers, high flow cats, cold air intake, ls6 intake manifold, 1.8 rocker arms, msd coil packs and plugs! my question is do i need to do anything to my fuel system to suport the extra power? im going to be getting it tuned as soon as all the parts are installed. any help would be cool
Old 02-21-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well no would be the simple answer but with all those mods, it wouldnt hurt to do a pump and injector upgrade as we all know that once you get extra power, wanting more power is just around the corner.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

not as of now no, other people have had stock fuel systems past 500
msd packs are spendy
Old 02-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

I don't mean to be negative, but I got the SLP H/C (228/228, .576/.576 lift)package and wasn't happy at all with it. My recommendation is to return it before it gets installed and go with another combo. Not many people I've talked to had good results with their SLP combo. For the same price you could get another 30 RWHP going with something else.

As far as fuel goes, I have about the same setup and run fine at my elevation of 6,000 ft., but everything runs leaner up there. I imagine you'll be fine, but like 6Techniques said, some injectors wouldn't hurt, and some sponsors have pump upgrades with a plug and play hotwire kit for around $200. A set of low mileage 39lb Cobra injectors can be had for $75-$100, and you can make your own wiring adapters from a junk yard to adapt them to the LS1 electrical connector but they drop right in the manifold. Feel free to ask any other questions you want, but put some serious thought into the SLP package, I don't like mine at all.