Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Ignition relay or ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition relay or ?

If the ignition relay has gone bad will the car turn over and just not fire ?I installed a Walbro 255 Direct Fit,and KOOKS LT Headers and now the car won't start.It actually seems like it fires for one second while ignition key is in start position and as soon as you let go it dies.2000 T/A.Some more info if I'm missing something : Tank was drained for pump install,I added 4 gallons before attempting to fire engine.Neg. side of battery was disconnected for install.New wires and plugs were installed with headers.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Anyone ? Basically just need to know if the engine will still turn over but just not fire if the ignition relay is bad.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats what mine did.It would turn over ,but not fire up.put in new relay and all was well
Old 03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

If you look in the box where the relay is - there is another relay that is exact same as ignition - swap your ignition relay with the other - if the car turns over - the relay is the problem.

I had the same problem on my T/A with 30K on the clock - car wouldn't start upon leaving a car show, it acted like it wasn't getting any fuel and/or spark (just kept cranking and cranking...) - needless to say I was pretty embarrassed. Finally got it started - got home and checked the relays as above and that was the problem.