Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Boost reference FPR ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Boost reference FPR ?????

When running a 1:1 boost referenced FPR...the pressure changes with vacuum.

is there anyway i can find how much the drop changes compared to vacuum besides hooking up a mityvac to the port on my reg.

im looking for what fuel pressures will be present for when i change my Injector Flow Rate tables to keep my tune aligned.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ping King
When running a 1:1 boost referenced FPR...the pressure changes with vacuum.

is there anyway i can find how much the drop changes compared to vacuum besides hooking up a mityvac to the port on my reg.

im looking for what fuel pressures will be present for when i change my Injector Flow Rate tables to keep my tune aligned.
I can tell you what my setup runs. I have a BRFPR with a the base fp set at 58. I have not driven the car yet but I started it the other day and my fuel pressure stayed 51 psi at idle. HTH.

I set my injector flow rate the same all the way across based on 58 psi.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i did it at one point just like you did...but when you think about it your tune will tossed around so much because your fuel pressure, and therefore your injector flow rates change.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i did it at one point just like you did...but when you think about it your tune will tossed around so much because your fuel pressure, and therefore your injector flow rates change. Im actually thinking of changing injector flow rates
Old 03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no, by having a boost referenced regulator, and a single value injector flow rate, your tuning it correctly, not being tossed around due to pressure change.

The value that the pcm needs to know (or infer on a GM pcm, since there is no rail pressure sensor) is the "pressure drop across injectors" since this is what the injector flows.

If your at 51# rail, and -14" of vacuum (-7 psi) your still at 58# pressure delta.

If your in boost, 10#, with 68# of rail pressure, your still at 58# pressure delta.

Ryan
Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow
no, by having a boost referenced regulator, and a single value injector flow rate, your tuning it correctly, not being tossed around due to pressure change.

The value that the pcm needs to know (or infer on a GM pcm, since there is no rail pressure sensor) is the "pressure drop across injectors" since this is what the injector flows.

If your at 51# rail, and -14" of vacuum (-7 psi) your still at 58# pressure delta.

If your in boost, 10#, with 68# of rail pressure, your still at 58# pressure delta.

Ryan

you just clicked the lightbulb on. thanks!