Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

98+ LS Fbody regulator

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default 98+ LS Fbody regulator

I have a tank from a 99 Fboday, I think thats the year car it came from, and I bought the racetronix pump for it and have already installed the pump. I am waiting to install the tank in my car because I think the setup is going to run too much fuel pressure. I noticed when I had the sender out that the regulator had a safety torx bit head on it. Does anyone know if this regulator is adjustable or not? I dont want to go messing with it if it is not adjustable and may break the regulator. I actually have a gen 1 motor and I only need about 45lbs of pressure at the rails, I alrealy know how to plumb everything so it is basically a returnless system and would like to keep it that way rather than use the stock return line. Thanks for any help.
James
Old 03-20-2007, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is fromthere but that would be a ton of trial and error with it being in the tank. why not eliminate it and add an external regulator?

Nate
Old 03-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As I stated above, I would rather eliminate the return line. When I actually put this in I can trial and error it with the tank on the ground as I will be using -6 AN line from the tank to the engine. I could keep a stock hard return line but I am trying to clean up the engine bay as much as possible. I hate all the wires and lines that go along with EFI, so I want to minimize what is seen. Worst case I have to buy a return line and plumb that but I wanted to make sure there wasnt another function for that little set screw on the regulator.
Thanks for your input.