Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump problem?? Need some Help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump problem?? Need some Help.

(Car 98 SS M6).When I was on my way home from work today. Took me about 45mins to get home. A lot of traffic. I get to my house and notice a real low sound. The sound of the fuel pump running but that eletric sound. If I make any sense. So I go to the dentist. After the car sitting again for about an hour I go on my way 20 mins later fuel pump running again and it will not shut off. Leave the dentist. 10-15 mins later fuel pump on and ran for about 5-10 mins until I got home. The car is running fine but I don't know what the deal is. My car goes in for LTs ORY LS6 Intake and Tune. 4-3-07. Any idea what the cause is?? I mean my car just passed insection yesterday. Please let me know
Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSMaro98
(Car 98 SS M6).When I was on my way home from work today. Took me about 45mins to get home. A lot of traffic. I get to my house and notice a real low sound. The sound of the fuel pump running but that eletric sound. If I make any sense. So I go to the dentist. After the car sitting again for about an hour I go on my way 20 mins later fuel pump running again and it will not shut off. Leave the dentist. 10-15 mins later fuel pump on and ran for about 5-10 mins until I got home. The car is running fine but I don't know what the deal is. My car goes in for LTs ORY LS6 Intake and Tune. 4-3-07. Any idea what the cause is?? I mean my car just passed insection yesterday. Please let me know
Is it a humming noise? you fuel pump should shut off when the key is removed.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

No the fuel pump is making a louder my noticeable noise