Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

AIR FUEL RATIO

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AIR FUEL RATIO

RECENTLY DYNOED CAR RESULTS WERE LOWER THAN EXPECTED 292HP 301TQ AIR FUEL RATIO WAS 14 AT 3000 RPM AND CLIMBED TO 15 AT 5700 RPM JUST WONDERING IF THIS COULD HAVE CAUSED A LOSS IN POWER.

MODS:SLP LONG TUBES OFFROAD Y PIPE DIRECT FLOW LID HPP3 160 STAT DESCREENED MAF EGR MOD TB BYPASS MOSER 12 BOLT COMPLETE BMR SUSPENSION.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: AIR FUEL RATIO

YES! you need around 12.8 on a dynojet. get a maf translator or tuning, but first check for an air leak or bad injector.. did you take any a-tap readings during?
Old 02-17-2003, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Have not purchased autotap yet what version would you reccomend. Plnning on purchasing it and ls1 Edit. What did you mean by leak, I did notice that i had an exhaust leak where the header meats the y-pipe on the driverside not a bad leak but there is a leak but i cant seam to stop it.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

if you have air leaking around the mass air sensor it will run lean. either version of a tap is fine. a bad 02 sensor may cause it or an exhaust leak letting air get sucked in may cause it but i dont think so.. yea you really need to get it run on some software like autotap and report the ltrim values cruising and if any at wot along with your front 02 millivolt readings

lastly, if a-tap wasnt used, then how was the ratio calculated? if you had a tail pipe probe, i see them blow out all the time and go lean because they arent getting all of the exhaust.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY MEASURED THE AIR FUEL RATIO. I TOOK IT TO AN IMPORT SHOP TO BE DYNOED AND PAID AN EXTRA $20 TO GET THE AIR FUEL RATIO READING DURING EACH RUN. I DID HOOK A OBDII TO IT TODAY IT SAID THAT THE BANK 1 SENSOR 1 HAD LOW VOLTAGE IT ALSO SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THE KNOCK SENSOR. I CHANGED THE O2 SENSOR AND IM PUTING THE STOCK MAF BACK ON. ALSO IT HAD A CODE P1133. LOOKED IT UP IN THE BOOK THAT CAME WITH THE SCANNER BUT COULD NOT FIND IT.