Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Running very lean need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 04:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Running very lean need help!!!

Well last Saturday I went to have my car dynoed. Well after 4k RPMs it started knocking bad, it sounded like a pop corn machine. Well I was told I was running very very lean. The guy said it was caused from my SLP MAF, that it was flowing to much for the computer to compensate for. Well that seemed possible to me, so I asked if I could simply add injector and a pump with a tune., He said no that I had to take it off! I dont belive this to be true. So I need help, do you really think that its the MAF?

Info:
2001 WS6 M6
w/ 107,000 miles
K&N filter
SLP lid
SLP MAF (descreened)
SLP bellow
Bo White ported throttle body
stock LS6 intake
Hypertech PPIII

I belive some bigger injectors and a 255lph fuel pump should take care of it, am I right?

Would a simple tune work?

Dynoed 332hp/352tq

Thanks-
Old 05-17-2007, 07:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT2LS1
Well last Saturday I went to have my car dynoed. Well after 4k RPMs it started knocking bad, it sounded like a pop corn machine. Well I was told I was running very very lean. The guy said it was caused from my SLP MAF, that it was flowing to much for the computer to compensate for. Well that seemed possible to me, so I asked if I could simply add injector and a pump with a tune., He said no that I had to take it off! I dont belive this to be true. So I need help, do you really think that its the MAF?

Info:
2001 WS6 M6
w/ 107,000 miles
K&N filter
SLP lid
SLP MAF (descreened)
SLP bellow
Bo White ported throttle body
stock LS6 intake
Hypertech PPIII

I belive some bigger injectors and a 255lph fuel pump should take care of it, am I right?

Would a simple tune work?

Dynoed 332hp/352tq

Thanks-
You dont have the HPP3 tuning installed do you? If so that will cause a big issue on a nothing more then showroom stock car as well. A good tuner can rescale that MAF to work with your car but it takes someone who knows what they are doing to do so.