Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

T-rex inline VS. Walbro 255 intank (LT1/S-trim)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T-rex inline VS. Walbro 255 intank (LT1/S-trim)

Hey guys! Basically I am wondering what the difference would be in purchasing the t-rex 50/70 inline pump that vortech recommends to get with there kits VS. getting a walbro 255 intank setup. I have a stock LT1 and am installing a vortech s-trim exactely how they recommend and installing the 8:1 fmu. Going to stick with stock injectors, etc. Can the walbro be used with this setup or will it conflict? Is the t-rex the only pump for this setup? Any help would be appreciated so I can get a better understanding. thanks!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do an intank pump over the inline. The inline is basicly a patch and will not pull extra fuel through the stock pump it will help keep pressure up but not any more volume. The intank pump will provide you with all the fuel you need for even some future upgrading.

Nate
Old 05-29-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am somewhat new to this and myabe you guys can help me with this question about the two different setups... I am wondering what controls how much fuel the engine gets? Like the t-rex for example... Is that set to always pull/push the same about of fuel compared to a walbro 255. I know the fmu comes into play but I thought that was installed after the fuel already gets to the injectors. I don't want to mess up the ratios vortech has implemented with its supercharger/fuel system and I don't know if installing a walbro 255 will make a different flow than the t-rex. I hope someone understands what I am trying to say and maybe able to help answer that question. thanks!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

adding a better pump wont affect perssure...thats what the regulators for...the pump only has the ABILITy to pump more and keep up with the motor...

Quick Reply: T-rex inline VS. Walbro 255 intank (LT1/S-trim)