Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pump or computer???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pump or computer???

well i posted the other day in the general maintenance section with no reply's so i'll try it here. i was starting my car the other day and my fingers slipped off the key and the car didnt finish starting it just like surged for a sec and then died. it wouldn't start back. i started troubleshooting and i figured while i was checking for spark might as well change the plugs, so i put some NGK TR55 Iridiums in it. the car has great spark, checked all the relays, fuses, changed the fuel filter. the car would start with starting fluid and then die. so i figured it's not getting fuel, so i pulled the first two injectors up and let my GF turn it over while i watched the injectors they were just barely spurting??? so i think the fuel pump is out. is there any kind of reset button for the fuel pump? i dont think all 8 injectors could go out at once and that the car would start and miss at least with one or two of them out? do you guys think its the pump or something like the computer or whatever controls the fuel??? i need help before i start wasting money changing things i dont need.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

ttt i had another thought. could it be the fuel pressure regulator? where is this located on my 02 LS1??? how do i check the regulator?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:14 AM
TECH Resident

i had the same problem, IT was the PCM. Borrow a code reader from Autozone for free, it will come up with a dreaded 8xx something code i believe which a Chilton or haynes manual will tell you that YOU NEED to replace the pcm and have it reflashed.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

i borrowed a code reader from advance and it said everything passed???
Old 06-04-2007, 04:44 PM
9 Second Club

The anti theft chip in the ignition switch is what caused it on my 03 chevy pick up. I replace the ignition switch and then had to take it to the dealership to have the computer reprogrammed. It cost $35 at the dealership, and I can't remember what the ignition switch cost. But the anti theft chip shut off the fuel to the injectors, but it will run on starting fluid. Hope this helps.