Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Rail pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel Rail pressure

I have svo 42# injectors w/ walbro intake fuel pump.....and have pressure gauge hooked up to fuel rail.....when I turn ignition on pressure goes to about 45 and then when I turn car on it goes to 60.......when under throttle pressure goes slightly down....havn't watched it under hard throttle because I normally look at boost gauge....lol but what should happen so I can see if I need a new fuel filter and to make sure system is functional....thanks

Last edited by AFASTYZFR1; 06-05-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine did the same thing and i thats normal.

now mine stays at 45 even when the car is off it never cycles when i turn it to on. and when i start it stays at 45 also so i think mines broken but not sure it runs fine tho. i cant find whats wrong either so i hope that answered your question but would anyone know mine?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you pressuregoes down your running out of fuel=loosing hp, try a kennybelle boost a pump, that pressure should be contant with no change under throttle. Your basically losing under boost right? with the boost apump you can set the pump to kick on more flow at a referenced boost location, it is a sweet setup, my buddies 2000 ati d1, made about 35 more hp after we got the boostapump on and got here tuned, the 60lb motons helped too.
http://www.kennebell.net/accessories...boostapump.htm