Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

hard line connector help mightymouse/zangle

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hard line connector help mightymouse/zangle

I'm having in issue with this earls hard line conector fitting.....

I have set just like mighty mouse did on hid fpr on his old car...

out of the bottom of my regulator into the earls hard line connector fitting on to my stock fuel line for my return...
but no matter what I have a small amount of fuel...that leaks where the fitting goes onto the hard line...

I remember z angle have connected to the sam line but with something different but I can't find the pics..
is there any outher fitting/ conector I can use.....

no matter what checked and recheck it tight took It all apart re did it and still small lil leak...

last option is some damn tank sealer puddy around the damn thing......
Old 06-28-2007, 07:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

if you have the right part you should not be able to take it apart, the brass collar should be stuck on the fuel line. i have it the same way on the trans am as I did on the formula. in fact i tried to remove it from the formula to swap over and I couldn't so i had to buy a new dang fitting.

they have two tube adapters, one with the brass collar and one with a rubber sleeve.. the rubber ones are absolutely useless i tried them on my tranny lines.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
if you have the right part you should not be able to take it apart, the brass collar should be stuck on the fuel line. i have it the same way on the trans am as I did on the formula. in fact i tried to remove it from the formula to swap over and I couldn't so i had to buy a new dang fitting.

they have two tube adapters, one with the brass collar and one with a rubber sleeve.. the rubber ones are absolutely useless i tried them on my tranny lines.

well i couldent get that part off...its stuck...

and it leaks...

i found a new fitting from russell that connects like stock line...

snaps on and has a -6 male end ill give that a try its been hit or miss with that damn comprssion fitting i dunno it must just hate me...
Old 06-28-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=53296

this part
Old 06-28-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

yes that part should work but is nice and expensive and you will need an adapter fitting, maybe two to get from there to the bottom of the regulator (if mounting the regulator on top like mine

dunno what to say man, i have done 4 of these and they are all fine.

is your pressure line (this new return line) free to **** into the tank or do you still have the original pump hooked to it.. cuz that would be a problem
Old 06-28-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
yes that part should work but is nice and expensive and you will need an adapter fitting, maybe two to get from there to the bottom of the regulator (if mounting the regulator on top like mine

dunno what to say man, i have done 4 of these and they are all fine.

is your pressure line (this new return line) free to **** into the tank or do you still have the original pump hooked to it.. cuz that would be a problem

yeah its all free//

it was 13 bucks and ill need a -6 - -6 coupler..

yeah pressure line is my return..

no orginal pump all gone sumped 98 tank with two inline walboros one on hobbs switch

just useing the pressure as the return