Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

walbro in now what

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default walbro in now what

my stock pump had seen better days so I put a walbro 255 in last week..It runs strong but when I crank it up it rolls over a few times before it fires off..It never done this until I swapped the pumps.Any ideas?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock pump holds pressure in the line while the engine is not running. I would say this pressure is no longer holding and the new pump has to run a bit before it build enuff pressure to get the engine goin. If you hook up a gauge you will see what I am talking about. Do a Key on engine off and the pump will build up pressure for a couple secs and then drop back down to "0" or close to it. My Walbro did the same thing. Not sure if others are experiencing the same thing. I would just cyle the key once before starting the engine. I am fixing to install a dual pump setup. Hopefully this time around it will work like it is supposed to.

Last edited by BlkHwk; 07-08-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would also question the line you put on with the pump. It needs to be fuel injection hose. Anything less will rupture. Also make sure you have it on secure.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

I ordered a fuel pressure gauge yesterday so when it comes in I'll be able to see whats going on.I used the plastic line that came with the new pump.