Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Pump.

I got a ported holly in my car. Which is a walbro 255 lph ported. I took my car too mexico. Beat the hell out of their top mustang in the whole state. (87 lx built 302 with a 300 shot.) In the process my car started dying. Took it to a reputable shop and they told me my canister was bad. I think they are full of ****. But they replaced my fuel pump and told me to replace my canister when I got to the US. In Nogales my fuel pump went out again. They put an LT1 pump. They replaced it with a ported Vortec pump. They mickey moused a hose and it disconnected on me in Kingman Arizona. I ordered a Walbro 255 from Vegas next day delivery. When we took the tank down we just found the line disconnected. We replaced the line. The car got me home all the way to seattle. I drove 26 hours straight. Should I go back to the holly pump? I hope its under warranty. Or should I just use the walbro that i ordered? Is the Vortec Powerful enough to keep up with the nitrous? (150 shot).
Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

IMO ~600 HP is alot to be asking of a single Warlbro 255 pump. Is that all your running for a fuel pump?

Disclaimer: I always size my fuel pumps and injectors conservatively