Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

horrible gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horrible gas mileage

I have checked my gas mileage on the last 2 tanks and both showed about 14 mpg. This is with some highway but most city driving. All I have is bolton's. My o2's were bad so I replaced them but I am still getting horrible gas mileage.

any idea's on what this could be.

I have also had a problem with the car hesitating almost dying right when I go to leave after just starting the car. Then it usually goes away at speed but sometimes does it again when taking off from a light. It will drop rpm and when I hit the gas, nothing it stays at almost 500 rpms. This is why I replaced the o2's but that did not fix the problem.

thanx in advance for any help
Old 07-13-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be that you are throwing other codes as well. Furthermore, check all of your spark plug wires and make sure that they are not making contact with the headers. A hesitation could also be caused by the A/C clutch fan and belt. Make sure the belt is OK and the clutch fan is in good shape (This is usually the problem when you feel the hesitation with the A/C on).
Old 07-14-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alsmost sounds spark plug realted . I would pull the spark plugs and wires possibly buy some new wires . Also did you ever have your car reflashed ?Might think about seeing if you are running rich or lean . With that it is possible to correct your problem or at leasthavea more accurate idea .