Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Gauge

I have an autometer electric fuel pressure gauge that I will be having someone install for me. I am just a little confused about where the gauge will get pressure from, and how to install it. When I called autometer, they told me that it would connect to the shrader valve, and that I would have to buy this connection. This connection is for a mechanical gauge, and I am not sure how it will work with the gauge I have. I cant get a straight answer from either autometer or jegs. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im assuming that the same fitting are used for the electrical guage... you would just be using that line to connect to the sending unit insead of the guage its self.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have heard alot that incar fuel pressure gauges are not so good thing to have,

i got one sitting on the intake manifold, comes with the fast fuel line kit
Old 07-16-2007, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

You don't want that thing in the passenger compartment. Buy the electronic gauge and tap it off the end of the driver's side fuel rail. The reason they told you to buy that line is so you can run it outside the windshield
Old 07-16-2007, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002ssls1
I have an autometer electric fuel pressure gauge that I will be having someone install for me. I am just a little confused about where the gauge will get pressure from, and how to install it. When I called autometer, they told me that it would connect to the shrader valve, and that I would have to buy this connection. This connection is for a mechanical gauge, and I am not sure how it will work with the gauge I have. I cant get a straight answer from either autometer or jegs. Any help would be appreciated.
If you have an electric gauge (like you stated) then you don't need the hose and it is completly safe to install it in the passenger compartment. You plumb the sending unit into the fuel system and then you wire the sending unit to the gauge. Just like your fatory water temp, oil pressure, etc.

You don't want to mount mechanical fuel pressure gauges in the cabin because if something goes wrong, then you have fuel in the cabin, not a good thing.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Launching!

I agree with what everyone is saying. I have an ELECTRIC gauge. When I called autometer I told them that, and they along with jegs, told me to purchase that kit. I am having it put in a pillar pod, but just still don't understand how to connect it.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Just buy a 4an fitting with a side port and screw the pressure transmitter in there. It goes on the fwd side of the drivers side fuel rail. Run those wires into the pass. compt.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You just need to figure out a way to get a 1/8" NPT port coming out of the side of something. Pretty sure a few sponsors around here sell a fitting that attaches to the end of your rails where the schraeder valve is and has a 1/8" NPT port to screw the electric sending unit into. It is no more complicated than that.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:54 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the fitting you need that goes into the end of the fuel rail that you plug the sending unit into. I am not using it anymore with my aftermarket rails. $20 shipped to you. PM me if you want it.

You can see it on the end of the d/s rail in this pic:

Old 07-18-2007, 06:26 AM
TECH Addict

i just went by the local parts store and i think i had to wind up getting 2 different fittings to make it work.