Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Bad pump or not

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad pump or not

with my car running it holds 60lbs of pressure but as soon as i turn the key off the pressure drops to zero. Is this the regulator and if so were can i by one I checked autozone, advance, and napa and came up with nothing. Also would this make my car run bad? The car started missing alittle and was down on power so i thought one of my 42# injectors was messing up so i threw my factorys back in and it barely would run.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Teching In

one easy way to tell if it's the fuel pressure regulator is to pull the vaccuum line off of it. if there is fuel coming out of the vaccuum side, your regulator is bad. how fast does it drop down to 0psi? what kind of pressure do you get key on, engine off. you should be getting 55-60psi and it should hold. if it is dropping, fuel is leaking somewhere. i'd check out the regulator first and go from there. you may have to go to the dealer to get the regulator, i don't see it listed anywhere on carquest or napa.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

as soon as the pump stops the pressure drops to zero in about 5 - 10 seconds, where is the vacume line on my car?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Teching In

sorry, i just realized that the regulator is not on the fuel rail like most cars. it is mounted with the fuel pump module. so basically, if your injectors are not leaking I would lean towards the fuel pump module. again, sorry for the misdirection. i didn't realize the regulator was part of the pump.