Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel line plumbing

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default fuel line plumbing

do i just cut this line and add the steel braided line to the fuel rails or are there adaprters that splice right into the part that is circled in the pic below
1. which fuel rail adapter
2. how much line
3. what adapter for the line
4. is there a kit specificly for this
also need to know what that black piece of plastic is that is circled.....can i do with out it?
Attached Thumbnails fuel line plumbing-fuel-iden.jpg  

Last edited by ls1leadfoot; 01-08-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like your running stock rails? Just plug it in, one of those goes into the intake(the one with the little canister) that is your negative pull on the gas tank fumes out of the tank, it comes from the charcoal canister above your gas tank. If your running aftermarket rails, or you just want to have a braided line for the fuel feed to the rails, they do make adapters to turn the stock connections into -an fittings.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

nasty perforamance makes a kit for ithink 140 has all the lines and adapters to make it fit the stock lines
Old 01-09-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

got the info on the fittings........thunder racing has them.....the only other info i need is in refrence to the pieces circled in the pic i supplied

thanks john
Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

the kit mentioned if memory serves me is a replacement for the rubber lines, and the kit has connecters for the metal hardline to the tank and the connector off the rails. so you are essentially replacing the rubber lines with the steel braided ones from the kit.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Is the other line you are talking about the unit with emissions shrader cap? This is used to purge tank emissions, I would not suggest leaving it uncapped as you will have a gas smell. You can use the russel adapters to convert your stock hard line to braided, they make a quick connect or you can use a compression style fitting.... Why are you replacing the stock line with a stock rail? Asthetics?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

oh no....i am just trying to gauge how much these silly fittings are going to cost me.....there are several choices in the fuel rail area but not the fittings....i really need close pics on the steel braided lines to decide on whether or not i want to do it
and how are the fumes "vented" if that emissions box isnt on there????